Beauty, Fashion, Recipes, DIY Projects, and More: All for the Busy and Budgeted.

Monday, November 3, 2014

Get Ready With Me: Halloween Night

So, this Halloween I decided to dress up as Morgana Pendragon from BBC's Merlin. I mean, Morgana Pendragon season four or five when she's all hot and evil. Anyway! I thought I'd do a get ready with me featuring my Halloween makeup!


So, to begin with, Morgana is very pale. She's paler than I get with all my covering up and super pale makeup, but what can you do about that? The point is, first I tried to get my skin to look lighter than it really is. Also, I tried to make all of my excessive discolorations disappear. I started with Clindamycin Phosphate Lotion (prescribed by a dermatologist) as my moisturizer. I topped that with ALMAY Smart Shade CC Luminous Primer to prep my face. Next, I used ALMAY Smart Shade CC Cream. Normally, I wouldn't use moisturizer and a tinted moisturizer because that seems like overkill... BUT I've had a few patches of dry skin across my forehead and chin as of late, so I was trying to fend that off a bit. Then, I used NYX HD Photogenic Concealer to cover up blemishes and discolorations. Then, I applied Neutrogena SkinCleaning Oil-Free Liquid Foundation evenly all over my face. I used a very light foundation to try and recreate Morgana's pale, pale face.


Next, I moved on to my eyes. I started with LORAC Eyelid Primer to prepare my eyelids for makeup. Then, I applied bareMinerals "ice queen" eyeshadow. Unfortunately, this gorgeous eyeshadow is not available any more. But I guess any shimmery white eyeshadow will do. Then, I used a skinny brush to apply shimmery black from a gray and black duo eye shadow from icing like eyeliner along my upper lashline. I kind of flared the eyeshadow/eyeliner out a bit near the edges of my eyelids, too. And, uh, yeah. Unfortunately I couldn't find a link for this eyeshadow either. Then, I doubled up on mascaras, first using tarte lights camera lashes to really grab and lengthen all of my lashes. Then, I used NYX Pin-Up Tease to thicken my lashes and really draw out the lashes at the outer corners of my eyes.


Then, I used New York Color Cheek Glow Powder Blush in Central Park Pink which I dusted upwards along my cheekbones to give myself a hint of pinkish color. Finally, I used NYX Mineral "Set It & Don't Fret It" Matte Finishing Powder to finish my look. It isn't really a very pigmented powder, but it does a really nice job of making your face look natural. Like maybe you aren't wearing concealer and liquid foundation. Maybe that's just your skin!


Now, for my hair, I used some frizz managing oil and curl constructing mousse to kind of keep the wild curls rained it a bit. I teased up my bangs and pinned them back in a bit of a poof. I braided a couple of strips of hair and held them in place with small bands. Also, I flipped one braid over my head like a headband and pinned it to the side. You can't tell all of that by looking at that picture. But it's okay. I think the important things to remember are: poofed bangs, a couple braids, dark curls. There you go. Evil Morgana hair.


My final cosmetic step was lipstick. I started with moisturizing lip butter. I used AJs Country Cottage Lip Butter and then I used NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Sydney as my lip color.

And there you have it! My look was finished!


Anyway! I hope you had a fabulous Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment