Beauty, Fashion, Recipes, DIY Projects, and More: All for the Busy and Budgeted.

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Halloween Party


So this year I decided to have a Halloween Party. It was fun but, to be honest, I don't know how well I like throwing parties on classic party holidays. Anyway, I thought I would kind of outline the party plans.

I'll start with food stuffs because, let's be honest, food stuffs are about 98% of what makes a good shindig.


I made homemade devils food cupcakes. I used store bought chocolate fudge frosting and zig-zagged Halloween Icing over the tops. I'm no cake decorating pro so if I tried to make them look like spiders or pumpkins or whatever I'm pretty sure they would have looked a hot mess. The zig-zag look is a simple way to capture the Halloween theme. I also scored some harvest mix candy corn from the grocery store because no Halloween shindig would be complete without pumpkin shaped sweetened wax. Also I made puppy chow which is a staple party food, in my opinion.


Since you can't exclusively serve sweets at any sort of party, I also made some jalapeno popper croissants. This is a pretty simple recipe. You mix together shredded cheddar cheese, finely chopped jalapenos, cream cheese, and salt. Then you spread the mixture on a croissant, roll that sucker up, and pop it in the oven. Real simple. Also delicious. You're welcome. The middle picture is of some spooky punch. It's just lime sherbet and 7up. One of the English Club girls made it for our ghost stories and campfire night the first year that I was English Club president. I also made baked macaroni and cheese which you can find a ton of recipes for online but I just made it up as I went along and it still turned out pretty darn good.


I also made some cheddar/corn/biscuit things that my brother totally jokingly came up with and suggested but then I took seriously. For a centerpiece, I put together a floral arrangement (using fake flowers of course it's not like I had real money to throw this shindig with) and used a fake skull (pretty cheap from Walmart), and a pie pumpkin.


So, I set this up and I'm a little wary to even share it because once the party was going I kind of forgot about the whole thing and we never used it. But I bought hair chalk and body glitter and set up a little station in case people wanted to play with cosmetics on the sacredest of playing with cosmetics days. But, like I said, I kind of forgot about it so they didn't get used. On the bright side, I can just hang onto them for another shindig at a later date.


We set up a little movie theater in our living room using a karaoke machine that my brother bought at a thrift store, a projector, a DVD player, a sheet, and few strings of Christmas lights. We watched Young Frankenstein and the set up worked so well that my parents have kept it up and we've been watching Wes Anderson films on it in the evenings.


Halloween is 9/10s about your costumes. I dressed as Morgana Penndragon. These pictures were taken after four hours of partying, so my hair has fallen down and I am beyond exhausted, but it's a pretty cute costume, yeah?

And, uh, to wind everything up, here are a few more pictures of some of my guests:



And here's a picture that my parents kept insisting someone take of me standing in front of the table:


I think my parents were so determined to get this picture taken because I spent SO MUCH TIME prepping food.

Anyway, all in all, it went pretty well. So! Before I send you all off, I just want to assert a special "thank you" to everyone who came by and partied with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment