Beauty, Fashion, Recipes, DIY Projects, and More: All for the Busy and Budgeted.

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Patriotic Nails!

So, as we all know, 4th of July, AKA the day that everyone's patriotic levels increases by 20-120%, is JUST AROUND THE CORNER. It's a day for legally blowing things up. It's a day for eating watermelon and corn on the cob. And it's a day for decking yourself out in red, white, and blue as though wearing any other colors may get you shunned from the community. So, to help you embrace your patriotism and transform into a living, breathing flag, I'm going to show you how to give yourself a patriotic manicure!

Now, there are two looks that I'll be showing. And, what's this? Yeah. You have two hands. So, you can be like me and have a different style on each hand, or you can opt to do the less-crazy-not-writing-a-blogpost-about-it-just-walking-around-living-my-normal-everyday-look thing. Whichever you prefer.

First we have the four blue nails, one red/white striped nail, and a star. Or multiple stars. I don't care. I just did one, but you can do whatever.


So, I used four polishes. To start, I used Sally Hansen's Hard As Nails Nail Hardener as a base coat because sometimes my nails get pretty weak and flake off. What? Too much information? Sorry.

Then, for my thumb, index finger, middle finger, and pinkie finger, I used Sinful Colors Endless Blue. I did 2-3 layers on each nail. Next, I used Petites Rock N Red on my ring finger.

At this point, I dipped my nails into cold water in thirty second intervals spanning a minute and a half. This, ironically, helps your nail polish dry faster and helps prevent you from smearing it all over the place.

Then, I used a Salon Perfect Nail Art Pen in White to draw a star on my thumb and a few white stripes on my ring finger. I wasn't able to find a link to the Salon Perfect Nail Art Pen, but I believe I got it at Walmart for pretty cheap. That having been said, I found it a little difficult to use. To be honest, that could be because I don't have a lot of nail art pen experience, but it also could be because it's a cheap nail art pen. Probably a little bit of both.

Then, I used the Sally Hansen's Hard As Nails Nail Hardener again as my top coat. After which, I dipped my nails in cold water for thirty second intervals spanning a minute and a half again.

All right! On to the second patriotic nail look: four blue/white polkadoted nails and one red one!


Okay! So, just like with the first look, I coated my nails in Sally Hansen's Hard As Nails Nail Hardener as my base coat. Once again, I used Sinful Colors Endless Blue on my thumb, index finger, middle finger, and pinkie finger. Once again, I used Petites Rock N Red on my ring finger. And, once again, I dipped my nails in cold water for thirty second intervals spanning a minute and a half.

Then, I used the Salon Perfect Nail Art Pen in White to polkadot my blue nails. And then I used Sally Hansen's Hard As Nails Nail Hardener as a top coat, and I dipped my nails in cold water for thirty second intervals spanning a minute and a half.

Personally, I think it would be cute to have horizontal stripes on the red nail, but since this look went on my dominant hand, I just couldn't swing it.

Anyway! There you have it. You're now all set to play frisbee and blow stuff up in the name of Independence!

No comments:

Post a Comment