Beauty, Fashion, Recipes, DIY Projects, and More: All for the Busy and Budgeted.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Get Ready With Me! Red Lips + Fishtail Braid.



Okay! Start to finish, this is the look that we're creating!


See? It's lovely. What with the fishtail braid and the red red lips? Right. Let's get started.



You want to start off with your regular old every day what you were born with face. See? My unmasked face has lots of discoloration and several spots of acne. Also a giant nose, but my masked up face has that, too. So. You know.

Then, I used NYX Pore Filler as my primer. As you can see, it was on its last leg. Side note: I really liked how this primer worked on my face. I was very pro this primer. I like my new primer better, but, you know. This stuff was good, too. 

Okay, anyway. Then used a Sugargoop CC Cream which came from one of my Birchboxes. I liked the stuff, but it's $32.00. So, you know, I probably won't officially adopt it into my official makeup regime until... well, until I can afford $32.00 CC Creams. Also, maybe not even then, because I really like my new CC Cream and it's cheaper. But, you know, who knows?

Then, I covered up bits of discoloration and spots of acne with my ALMAY Clear Complexion Blemish Heal Concealer. It's my favorite concealer. Does it actually heal blemishes? Meh, maybe not. But does it conceal nice and smoothly without making my skin worse? Yes. Thank you. Sign me up.


Okay! Then, for my eyes, I used L'Oreal Infallible Eye Shadow in Iced Latte. I used this one all over my lid. Literally, from my lashline to my brow bone. Just covered the whole thing Iced Latte. AS YOU DO. 

Next, I used Napoleon Perdis Loose Eye Dust in Pink Champagne (which I got in a box of stuff for $19.00 at ULTA. It was a pretty sweet haul. I also got eyelid primer, eyebrow gel, and some butter nail polish. SO.) I dusted the Pink Champagne eye dust over my eyelids with a little bit extra focus on the crease of my eyelids.

Then, I used my ALMAY intense i-color volumizing mascara in mocha as my mascara. 


Next: powdery things! Okay, I used Pur Mineral Glow Powder for my bronzer--side note, I'm like 86% sure I also got it from that ULTA box. It was $19.00 well spent.--and I just dusted below my cheekbone, as you do. For my blush, I used bareMinerals blush in Kiss which I dusted over the apples of my cheeks. Then, I set the look with my tarte Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder which is basically the best thing ever and I love it so much okay thanks bye.


Okay, next, I used some spearmint chapstick that I got in a bundle pack from Trader Joes one time when my lips were super chapped and I left the house for the day without chapstick. Anyway, I got like 6-8 in the pack for only a few dollars, but somehow I can't find any of them? 

And I used NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Monte Carlo to finish my look.

And there you have it! We're done. Here's the finished product:



Oooh. Woooh. So pretty. Vair classy. So nice. Lovely. Way to makeup. Yay. 

Sorry. I wrote this when I was pretty tired. I'm not revising it, though. It's going straight to you as is. Congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment