Beauty, Fashion, Recipes, DIY Projects, and More: All for the Busy and Budgeted.

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Character Makeup: Rae

So. You may know this if you watched my February Favorites Video from, like, forever ago... But: I am obsessed with My Mad Fat Diary. It is a fantastic show. If you're not watching it, you really gotta get on it. Seriously, it's fantastic.

Now, if you watch my beautythekat youtube channel at all, you may know that I really enjoy emulating characters' looks.

SO! This is my Rae-look Makeup! We'll start off with a reference picture:


(Aww, Rae and Finn. So cute.) I'm going to use this look from S2E1 as my inspiration. Most of the time, Rae rocks the not-actually-wearing makeup look. So, I'm going for a mostly-natural look as well.

Let's get started!


I started off with moisturizer, foundation, and coverup. I used my Clindamycin Phosphate Lotion as my moisturizer. Then, I used the very last of my Dr. Brandt "pores no more" Pore Refiner primer. (Sigh, that stuff was amazing.) Then, I hid away my acne and discolorations with ALMAY Clear Complexion Concealer. As you can see, that Pore Refiner and Concealer combination is amazing


In lieu of liquid foundation, I used Aveeno Clear Complexion BB Cream. This stuff is nice, but I'm not CRAZY about it. I'm really on the lookout for a BB Cream/CC Cream/Liquid Foundation that I really like (the way I really like ALMAY's Clear Complexion Concealer) but I just haven't found it yet. Anyway, I set my face with ALMAY Smart Shade Loose Finishing Powder. (A brief note about this stuff, I started off liking it a lot, but I'm starting to get disenchanted. So...)

Anyway, I didn't use bronzer, shimmer, or blush for this look because Rae doesn't usually wear makeup. So, I didn't want to go too big with the makeup. 


For my eyes, I used the pale shadow from my ULTA Jewel Palette on my lids. I also used the copper color to line under my bottom lash line--this was kind of "pushing it" for Rae. You know, 'cause she doesn't really wear eyeshadow. But, I just did it to brighten my eyes and I chose a fairly neutral color. So, I figure it can slide this one time. Then I used my absolute-favorite Rimmel London Volume Accelerator Mascara to lengthen and darken my lashes. 


Finally, for my lips, I used my Nivea Milk & Honey chapstick and Revlon Lip Butter in "Sweet Tart"

So my final look looked a little something like...

This! 
Now I just gotta snag myself a Finn. 

Just in case you're interested, I also did a Character Look video on my beautythekat youtube channel. Also, I did a fashion blog post on my tumblr. Both, of course, go along with this tutorial. 


No comments:

Post a Comment