Beauty, Fashion, Recipes, DIY Projects, and More: All for the Busy and Budgeted.

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Poached Egg Avocado Sandwich

I'm sure you know by now how much I love egg sandwiches. I mean, practically every other recipe I post is an egg sandwich type recipe. And today is no exception! This is one of the best egg sandwiches I've ever made. It has everything a girl (or guy whatever) could want: eggs, cheese, bagels, and avocado.

So! To start off, poach a couple eggs.


I usually poach two eggs at a time. What I do is bring a large pot of water to boil. I crack the eggs into a small plastic dish and put them to the side. I'm careful not to break the yolks or anything like that. Then, I stir a cyclone into the boiling water, and drop the eggs into the center of it. Then I let them boil for 12 minutes or something like that. Sometimes, it works perfectly. On very rare occasions, it's disastrous.


Meanwhile, toast an everything bagel. "Can we use a different type of bagel?" Yeah, sure.  I mean, don't use a sweet bagel (like cinnamon raisin or chocolate chip) because that sounds like a weird cornucopia of tastes. Also, don't use plain or whole wheat unless you're the most boring person alive. I always use everything bagels, though. So you should probably do that, too.


Your eggs are still boiling at this point. You get that right? Pro-cooking involves multitasking. So, your eggs better still be boiling.

Okay, coat your toasted bagels in cheese. I used mozzarella and parmesan. Other good choices: provolone, swiss, and cheddar.


Put your broiler on high. 


And broil that delicious cheesy bagel goodness for like five minutes so the cheese gets all melty and delicious.


Probably while you're broiling your bagel, you're going to want to slice up some avocado. As you can see, I sliced up slightly more than 1/4 of an avocado.


Ideally, your eggs will be done about when the bagels get done. That way, everything can come together at once! So, put your poached eggs on one of the cheesy bagels. Then add salt and pepper and the sort of stuff. By "that sort of stuff" I obviously mean "whatever kind of spice you'd like unless it's something that would be weird like cinnamon or something that would be illegal I'm looking at you Hannibal."


Then add your avocado. Mmm. Avocado.


Then top everything off with your other bagel-bun. And you're done! Eat it and enjoy. I would recommend eating it with a knife and fork. I know, you're supposed to be able to eat sandwiches with your handwiches but if you try that with this all of the innards are bound to fall out.

And definitely let me know if you try out this recipe or one like it! You can comment below, tweet pictures at me, or just concentrate on my face really hard while you're eating your poached egg avocado sandwich and maybe we'll be able to figure out how telepathy works.

No comments:

Post a Comment