Beauty, Fashion, Recipes, DIY Projects, and More: All for the Busy and Budgeted.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Get Ready With Me: Big Hair and Smokey Eyes


All right! Let's get to transforming!


To start with, I used LUSH Vanishing Cream as my moisturizer. I've actually reviewed this moisturizer before (and two other LUSH moisturizers, too) so if you want to check THAT blog post out, it's right here. Then, I used Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser. Then, I used ALMAY Clear Complexion Concealer to cover blemishes and discolorations.


For my liquid foundation, I used COVERGIRL Clean "Sensitive Skin" liquid foundation. Here's the deal: I tried this stuff out, but I do not like it. It gives crappy coverage and is too oily. Next, I used e.l.f. Studio Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder. I used the bronzing powder under my cheek bones, up towards my temples, down my nose, below my jawline, and down my neck. I used the blush on the apples of my cheeks. I finished up with ALMAY Smart Shade Loose Finishing Powder


I used a light gray color all over my eyelids from my ULTA Jewel Palette. From the same palette, I used a darker color in the crease of the outer corners of my eyelids, I used a fluffy brush to apply it to really give it the "smokey eye" effect. I used Wet n Wild Color Icon eyeliner in black black along the outer corners of my eyelids along my upper lash line. I used the same eyeliner along my lower waterline. For my mascara, I used my absolute favorite mascara: Rimmel London Lash Accelerator mascara.


For my lips, I used Zum Kiss in lemon-ginger as chapstick and NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Tokyo as my lip color.

Now, the title of this blogpost is "Big Hair and Smokey Eyes" so, I think I should show you why the "Big Hair" bit is in there. Now, before I went out and about my day, I beat my hair into a bun. But, before then, I took several pictures (and made an entire fashion blog post) featuring my hair in all it's untamed glory. So... here. Check it out:


No comments:

Post a Comment