Beauty, Fashion, Recipes, DIY Projects, and More: All for the Busy and Budgeted.

Monday, May 12, 2014

Get Ready With Me: Gold Eyelids and Fishtail Braid

Before/After
Okay! We should start this Get Ready With Me with... makeup! Now, I'm going to present it like I do all of my makeup and then I go on to something else. That isn't true. Usually, I take a really long time doing my makeup because I watch whatever I would've watched the night before if I watched TV in the evening and I check all of my social network sites while getting ready. Plus, halfway through makeup-ing, I usually make my breakfast. You don't need to know all of that, really, but since we're doing a "get ready with me" I thought I'd be honest about how this doesn't really reflect my "process."


So, first, I used LUSH Vanishing Cream Moisturizer as my moisturizer. Not too long ago, I bought a bunch of LUSH products and they gave me several moisturizer samples. I'm going to review all of them on here pretty soon, so watch out for that.

Next, I used Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser as my primer. I've been looking for a cheaper version of Dr. Brandt's Pores No More primer because I loved that stuff. I've heard some good things about the Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser, but, quite frankly, it's slimy and significantly less impressive than Dr. Brandt's Pores No More. It's disappointing.

As per usual, I used ALMAY Clear Complexion Blemish Heal Concealer. I'm practically obsessed with this stuff.


For my liquid foundation, I used Neutrogena's SkinClearing Liquid Makeup. I'm still looking for a really good liquid foundation that will help my numerous skin problems. This one suffices, but I'm not stoked about it.

I used e.l.f. Studio Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder for contouring. I did your run of the mill make-a-duck-face and splash the bronzer just below your cheekbone, grin and color the apples of your cheeks in with blush, blush/bronzing technique. 

Then, I set my face with ALMAY Smart Shade Loose Finishing Powder


For my eyes, I coated my eyelid and brow bone in L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Iced Latte. Then, I dusted Maybelline Color Tatto Pure Pigments in Breaking Bronze in the corners of my lids.

I lined Wet n Wild Color Icon Eye Liner in Black Black over two-thirds of my upper lash line, missing the corner of my lids to keep my eyes "open." As usual, I use my Rimmel London Lash Accelerator Mascara, which is pretty much my favorite black mascara.

Now, on to hair!


I have crazy amount of thick, frizzy, and curly hair. So, after sacrificing a hairband or two, I beat it into a fishtail braid. And I would totally tell you how to do a fishtail braid, but... it'd be kind of hard to tell you, I'd have to show you. Speaking of, should I do a fishtail braid tutorial on my beautythekat youtube channel?

Now, for breakfast... I had an orange julius and chocolate peanut butter oatmeal. Recipes? Okay, here you go.


Orange Julius


Blend:
1 Frozen Banana
1/4th cup of Concentrated Orange Juice
3/4th-1 cup of Vanilla Almond Milk
1 splash of Vanilla Extract
1 dash of Sugar

Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal

  1. Bring 1 cup of vanilla almond milk to a boil
  2. Stir in 1/2 cup of rolled oats
  3. Follow instructions on box, you may have to let the oatmeal boil anywhere from 1-7 minutes
  4. Stir in 1 tablespoon of peanut butter and 1 1/2 tablespoons of dark chocolate chips

After breakfast, I brushed my teeth with my Crest Be Inspired Vanilla Mint Spark Toothpaste. I mentioned it in my April Favorites video. It's a pretty nice toothpaste, you guys. 

Then, post toothbrushing, I used my NIVEA "A Kiss of Milk & Honey" Soothing Lip Care chapstick? lipbalm? stuff. Then, I colored my lips with NYX Matte Lip Cream in "Prague." 

Then, uh, here's the finished product:



No comments:

Post a Comment