Beauty, Fashion, Recipes, DIY Projects, and More: All for the Busy and Budgeted.

Friday, March 14, 2014

Tuesday Morning

So, on Tuesday morning I woke up early; my hope was to get ready for school and leave in time to get a protein shake on my way to class. Since I was up early, I decided to document, well, every step of my getting-ready.

I skipped my shower. "Why?" You may ask. I was awake early enough in the morning to do so, but, well, to be frank I just didn't feel like it. I started with my makeup:


I had PB&J Oatmeal and Water for breakfast, while watching The Daily Show. Also, I try and take Biotin every morning--it helps strengthen and repair hair and nails, plus, it apparently helps protect against yeast infections. So, with that appealing reference... here's the basic recipe for the oatmeal I made:
Bring just under 1 cup vanilla almond milk to a boil.
Stir in 1/2 cup instant oats.
Keep stirring until thick. 
Depending on your oats, it can take anywhere from 1-7 minutes.
Move the oatmeal from a saucepan into a bowl.
Add 1 tbsp peanut butter and 1 tbsp grape jelly.
Stir. Eat. It's delicious.


For the base of my face, I used Clindamycin Phosphate Lotion as my moisturizer. Then, I used Smashbox Photo Finish Primer. Now, you may remember from my last couple blogs/vlogs that I've been loving my Dr. Brandt Pores No More Primer. Well, it's really expensive, so I've been trying out some other primers, too. I got this one in a Smashbox Photo Finish sample kit, which also included a bb cream and a finishing powder. The primer is nice, but... I still prefer the Dr. Brandt. (If only it weren't so darn expensive!) Then, for my concealer I used... my ALMAY Clear Complexion Concealer. It's my favorite blemish/redness concealer, but I realized that it doesn't do much for concealing dark under eye spots.


I've reached the only-a-very-little-bit-left stage of my ALMAY Smart Shade Mousse. So, I used my Covergirl Clean Liquid Foundation for Sensitive Skin as my base foundation. But, as I had spent most of Monday night crying, I had puffiness and under-eye circles to try and conceal, so I tried using my Smart Shade Mousse for that. As you can see, it wasn't super effective. 

Now, for years I haven't bothered with blush or bronzer, but, I recently got interested when I watched some tutorials. (My youtube friend, Katie Sierra's Daily Face tutorial, for example.) So, I dug out my Bare Mineral's Warmth and Bare Mineral's Blush in Kiss. I applied the warmth bronzer just under my cheek bones and then dusted the blush on the apples of my cheeks. As these are darker powders, I applied them before my finishing powder. So, anyway, I finished the look with my ALMAY Smart Shade Loose Finishing Powder


For my eyes, I used L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Iced Latte all over my lids. Then, I used a shimmery black powder from my e.l.f. Eyeshadow Palette, with a narrow brush, I applied it like eyeliner along two-thirds of my upper lash line, avoiding the corners of my eyes. 

Okay! On to hair!


For my hair, I brushed out my crazy messy waves. Then, I flipped my hair upside down, and pulled it into a high ponytail. Then, I braided my high ponytail. In my final step, I wrapped the braid into a bun and held it together with bobby pins.


Clothes and such. So, my outfit of the day was...
  • Shirt: hannahisawful on etsy, $19.99
  • Cream Cardigan: Goodwill, $3.98
  • Gold Cardigan: Target, $14.98
  • Fake Pants: Target, $10.98
  • Knee Highs: Target, $5.00
  • Owl Necklace: Amazon, $0.98+s&h
  • Headband: Walmart, $4.88
  • (You can't see them, but I'm also wearing...) Boots: Payless, $50.00

Other random stuff. I used some Dove Deodorant and Victoria's Secret Body Mist for, you know, not stinking purposes. Then, I brushed my teeth with Be Vanilla Mint Toothpaste... (side note: I think I'm going to write up a review of this sometime). Then, I used my new Baby Lips Dr. Rescue Chapstick... I might review this one, too. And I topped my lips off with my absolute favorite NYX Matte Color Lip Cream in Tokyo. 

So, here is my Tuesday look from start to finish:


...I wish I had a better picture for the "after" because the lighting was a little wonky. But, oh well. Such is life, right?

Unfortunately, I got in my car at 8:25 which is exactly when I need to leave for my Tuesday class and therefore couldn't stop by the Whistlestop for a protein shake, less I wanted to risk being that girl who shows up "ten minutes late with Starbucks" (I mean, not Starbucks, but that's the meme, right?). But, then traffic was so bad I was fifteen minutes late to class anyway, so... basically I should have gone to Whistlestop anyway because there was nothing I could have done to get to class on time. 




No comments:

Post a Comment